Wednesday, April 15, 2020

"Hear, O my people...Israel, if you would but listen to me!


Close their ears to the truth – Jeremiah 6:10; Luke 8:8; 2 Timothy 4:3,4; Romans 10:17; Hebrews 11:6 Follow what is popular – Jeremiah 6:13; Micah 3:11; 2 Timothy 4:3; Jeremiah 6:14; John 6:60,66

Jeremiah explained why God's people of his day had trouble understanding God's message to them:
6:10 - "...behold, the word of the Lord is to them an object of scorn; they take no pleasure in it."

As a result:
7:24 - But they did not obey or incline their ear, but walked in their own counsels and the stubbornness of their evil hearts, and went backward and not forward.
7:26 - Yet they did not listen to me or incline their ear, but stiffened their neck. They did worse than their fathers.


GOD had told their fathers:
Psalm 81:8-11 - "Hear, O my people, while I admonish you! O Israel, if you would but listen to me! There shall be no strange god among you; you shall not bow down to a foreign god. I am the Lord your God, who brought you up out of the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it. BUT MY PEOPLE DID NOT LISTEN TO MY VOICE; ISRAEL WOULD NOT SUBMIT TO ME."


THE APOSTLE PAUL LIKEWISE STATED THE SAME PROBLEM WITH THE PEOPLE OF HIS DAY:
2 Thessalonians 2:10 - they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.



What is your attitude toward God's word about:
Mark 16:16
Acts 2:38
Acts 22:16
1 Peter 3:21

4/15/2020
rdb

No comments:

Post a Comment